How is Parent Coaching different from therapy?
- As a coach, I work from a wellness perspective, rather than focusing on pathology. If therapy appears to be needed, I will refer you to a therapist to help with deeper issues
- My parent coaching focuses on the present and future, rather than past hurts and mistakes
- I assumes that parents are whole, want to achieve specific goals, are open to advice and discussion, and truly want a better relationship with their child
- My coaching provides parent education, so parents can understand their child’s developmental level, specific communication needs, and how their special needs might affect their ability to comply with parental directions
- I work with the parents to develop goals for themselves and create age and developmentally appropriate goals for their children
- I help parents understand their children’s needs, set reasonable expectations, and improve their relationships with their children through education, specific activities relationship building
- I use brain science, proven parenting strategies, and mindfulness philosophy to guide the coaching process
I provide parent coaching to families with children who have challenging behavior, are having struggles related to adoption, and parents who are struggling with how to best support their LGBTQ+ children. I provide coaching in the following ways:
- In person, in my Portland, Oregon offices
- Over video chat, using Telehealth, which is secure and HIPAA compliant
- In your home, in or near Portland, Oregon
- In your home, outside the Portland, Oregon area (additional travel and lodging charges apply)
I am happy to work with any shape and size of family, as long as they want to improve their parenting.
If this sounds like your family and you would like to learn more, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 971-232-1267 to set up a free phone screening so we can make sure I am a good fit for your needs.